Dreams

I believe everyone has many dreams, ever since primary school. Doesn't matter how small or tiny it is, it's still a dream. There's no limit on dreaming, dream as high as you can, as big as you can, as impossible as you can, that's the best thing about dreaming. Limitless and boundless. My very real dreams mostly started during high school, which I start to be serious with my dreams and plan paths for those dreams. Not all dreams I achieve but at least, some of my dreams I’ve achieved. Also, there are other things that I achieve without my expectation. I perceive that’s another version of my dream that Allah replaced, a better achievement for myself. What suits me well, Allah knows everything. Through what I have experienced, I come up some rules for myself. If I have a dream, a new dream, what I should do about it.


These are my long-term dreams. Wow I really like to dream. So much to be achieved! Guess what? All of my dreams in the wishlist require a lot of penny and efforts. Seems like money becomes my top priority. Every cent is precious! (cry a han river)

So here based on my experiences, if you have a dream;
  1. Draw and plan your path towards your dream.
  2. Make some efforts, of course.
  3.  Achieve your dream in secrecy. Never tell anyone about your dreams unless it is something related to this particular person that you need him/her to know, well there’s no choice. Others may see your achievement but it is not compulsory for them to know how you went through everything in order to get what you have now.
  4. Pray to Allah, ask Him to help and guide you throughout your journey.
  5. Be patient.
  6. Expect less.

I think the sixth is the most paramount rule so that, you won’t be sad or regret later. Set boundaries on your expectation. You must know that IF you don’t achieve one of your dreams, believe that Allah has something better for you. Just another version of what you dream for but importantly, Allah will make you happy as long as you are patient with the obstacles on your journey to achieve your dream.

Let me tell you one of my experiences. I’ve this dream of being an engineer student after high school. I’d never change this dream since I enter the high school. Whenever friends, teachers or whoever asked me, “What do you want to be (in the future)?” or any-that-kind-of-question, I’ll confidently answer, “Engineer”. I keep telling people about ‘I want to pursue my studies in the engineering field’ till my friends know me with that kind of dream like “Oh, I know you want to be an engineer”. I don’t know how I can be that confident when I’m not that-pro-on-science-stream. Well at least, I love Physics aha. However, that doesn’t help much if I can’t perform well in Chemistry right? Plus people said, be confident with your dreams. Even if I can’t pursue my studies in engineering, I thought I’ll still be a science stream student. But, Allah’s plan is better. With intense decision and whatsoever I finally studied in Language course. At first I thought, I would never like this course but hell no, I LOVE TESL COURSE.

See? Even if I can’t have one of my dreams, Allah still gives me something better. I believe everything happened for a reason. He knows what’s best for me. So don’t stop dreaming along with some (maybe) helpful rules or tips on having a dream from me. May Allah be with you at every step you take, may Allah guides you in each decision you make :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't approve harsh comments (: